We use any excuse to throw a party so try these simple steps for your election day watch party!
Cold call, text message or knock door to door like the politicians do—looking for last minute guests
Political satire t-shirts, you can find them on ebay or a red or blue tie
Use red and blue bandanas as table toppers or red and blue tablecloths to cover the table – you can cover one table all red and one table all blue BUT you should cover each table half and half to show BIPARTISANSHIP
- Serve red & blue cocktails:
- RED = vodka cranberry juice in a rocks glass with a squeeze of lime garnished with cranberries
- BLUE = use BLUE Curacao “KER – a – SOW” mixed with vodka, lemon juice and champagne in a coupe glass with the rim covered in sugar crystals
- One clear color shot – tequila, vodka, gin – because clear is neutral
- It’s ALL about small plates and big wins!
- Berry Caprese Salad: Mozzarella Cheese, cherry tomatoes, and blueberries
- Patriotic snack mix (cheerios, chex cereal, pretzels, dry roasted peanuts, vanilla candy coating, red & blue M&Ms., and red white and blue sprinkles
- combine the Chex cereal, Cheerios, pretzels and peanuts, melt the candy coating and pour over the dry mix, spread it on a pan, cover with candies, let it cool, break it apart and serve. This snack mix is like politics, salty and sweet!
- DEEP DISH pizzas
- CORN DOGS
- BEEF SANDWICHES
- Popcorn because 333 Illinois farms grow popcorn which makes Illinois the 3rd largest grower of the product
- PUMPKIN PIE which was named the State Pie of Illinois in 2015
PRINT BLANK BALLOTS TO USE AS SCORECARDS AS THE RESULTS COME IN!
NO MATTER WHAT, YOU ARE GOING TO WIN THE OFFICE OF PARTY PLANNER!